DANIEL 9:27 NKJV
“Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate.”
Ever since I was a young boy and watched the ‘Omega Man’ with Charlton Heston, I was hooked. If the weather was nice we were outside working, if not we watched Superhost on WUAB out of Cleveland (I grew up in Pittsburgh). Many of you probably know the Will Smith version of this movie, ‘I Am Legend’. What many people don’t know is there was a movie prior to ‘Omega Man’ with Vincent Price, ‘The Last Man On Earth’. This one is my all time favorite as I think it’s closest to the novel ‘I Am Legend’ by Richard Matheson.
What does this have to do with anything? From that moment forward it was, ‘Mad Max’, ‘The Road Warrior’, ‘Night of the Living Dead’, ‘Dawn of the Dead’, and so the list goes on. It didn’t matter how the world ended, just that it did. How did the people survive afterwards? How did society function?
I’ve written about it and studied the different scenarios until recently when I came upon the true Apocalypse. The one that will really happen.
The Revelation of Jesus Christ
This is the last book in the Bible and chronicles John’s visit to Heaven with Jesus. At the time John was imprisoned on the Isle of Patmos in the Mediterranean Sea. Jesus comes to him and asks that John write a letter to each of the seven Churches (located in modern day Syria). Once completed John is transported to Heaven where he is shown how the Earth shall end.
Do you know why the book is called Revelation? The first translation of the Bible was into Greek. The Greek word for Revelation is Apokalupsis. That word should look pretty familiar.
The first time I ever read Revelation, I was floored. For me it was much easier to understand than many of the other books in the Bible as it was very straight forward. Let me outline some key highlights in the timeline of the Revelation (THESE ARE MY OWN INTERPRETATIONS AND THEORIES I AGREE WITH):
- The Apostasy occurs – This begins the end times. Man’s actions get worse as the Great Restrainer (the Holy Spirit) removes it’s blanket of protection from the Earth
- The Rapture occurs – The Bridegroom (Jesus) returns for his Bride (the Church). Please do not think that the Bridegroom will touch the Earth. As God promised, Jesus will only set foot on the Earth one more time and that is at the Battle of Armageddon. All true Christians and children below the age of accountability (think of this as the age where that child can comprehend what is happening) will vanish from the Earth in an instant. Literally, POOF!
- The Treaty will occur – The treaty will be between Israel and basically the rest of the surviving world. It will last for seven years and it indicates two things shown below:
- This is the beginning of the seven year period known as the Tribulation
- The person that achieves this accomplishment will be the Anti-Christ.
- The first three and a half years – During this period there will be two prophets that will stand at the Wailing Wall preaching to the masses. They will have the powers of God and will not be able to be harmed. After the three and a half years [time (1 yr), times (2 yr), and half a time (6 months) is referenced as this period], the two prophets will be killed by the Anti-Christ or his men. A three and half day party will ensue and at this point the two prophets will be reborn and ascend to Heaven.
- The Last Second before the Middle – The Anti-Christ will be killed!! Yeah!! Down with Evil!! Not quite. Satan has conspired with the Anti-Christ to bring the human back to life allowing Satan to indwell his body. This will be VERY BAD.
- The Middle – Things get hectic at this point. In the first three and half years the Anti-Christ was assisting the Israelites in rebuilding the Temple. This would be the third temple. At the 3.5 year mark, the Anti-Christ will stop all sacrifices at the Temple and then profane it by taking the throne and pronouncing himself God.
- THE MARK OF THE BEAST – Thanks to films like ‘The Omen’ everyone knows that the number of the Anti-Christ/Satan is 666. I’m not sure where this number comes from but I’ve read an account that there are 666 names for God and he/they choose one. Everyone will be forced to except the Mark on their forehead or right hand/wrist if they want to do any form of business. Many modern theories believe this will be a chip and that this is where modern society is heading anyways. Anyone have a chip on their bank card?
- The Christians – Anyone not accepting the Mark will be beheaded. These will be predominantly new found Christians (since the Rapture) or repentant Christians who have found their relationship with the King of Kings. Look at this point for the influence of a Global Church. These Christians will refuse to denounce their Faith and will be put to death.
- Armageddon – The final show down. The end. Jesus and his army of Saints arrive to defend the last of God’s Children (Jews) from a 200 million man army been on destruction. This number is roughly 2/3 the population of the United States. In comparison, in 2011 there were only a half million in the US Army. The battle will take place at Megiddo (where the word Armegeddon comes from) and obviously Jesus and his Saints will prevail. Satan will be ripped from the body of the Anti-Christ, bound in chains and thrown into the Great Abyss for one thousand years. The False Prophet and the Anti-Christ will then be cast into the Lake of Fire (Hell) to spend eternity suffering the same evils that they did to others.
So there is a brief overview. In coming weeks we’ll discuss the ‘Global Church’, the United Nations, and the significance of the number 7.
The best Apocalyptic story ever!
Talk to you soon and as always feel free to reach out, even if you just need some encouragement!
Thanks for reading,